Old 04-06-2017, 12:09 AM   #9407
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,020 Times in 1,861 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I'm feeling creeped out right now. Someone's been going through my mail.

Found two envelopes completely torn open tonight, and it's likely because both things easily look and feel like something worth stealing but aren't (they wouldn't have known till they tore them open).

I also never received my first car insurance card a couple weeks ago and had to request it sent again.

Guessing someone jacked it.

Need to figure out how the fuck to report this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Called the non-emergency line, police can't do shit. I filed an online complaint with the postal service and will call the postal inspectors tomorrow.

Can't put a lock. It's one of those apartment complex street boxes with 9 or so boxes built in.

Person probably has a master key that can open all of them.
I believe it's a felony to tamper with someone's mail. I'm surprised the post office isn't doing anything more. I already knew the police wouldn't do shiznits since they'll only come out if there is some type of bodily injury or more than $2k is stolen/damaged.

Since it's at the apartment mailbox, tell the post office to replace the locks since it's obvious that someone is opening them with a key.

Maybe rig up an envelope with a razor blade in it so when they tear it open, they cut themselves?
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote