View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 PM   #9197
CA86GRL

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
I was taking a walk just now around my work and stopped by my car on the way back. I was trying to get some stuck lavender flower bits off my car that are there thanks to my neighbors overgrown out of control huge lavender trees.

I was having a real moment, first blowing a quick blast of air on the aero fin to try to get a stuck flower off. And then resorting to attempting to brush it off, only in doing so realizing that it was stuck to a waterspot that was there this morning. And that in brushing it off, I felt a gritty sensation, and realized I'd left a few faint marks in the clearcoat. As I looked in shock at what my careless hands had wrought and silently cursed the fact that I have to park outside under a lavender tree that shits on my car daily, I hear something.

"Nice car! I really like it!" I turn to look and it's a strange looking older woman who may or may not be homeless, wearing a dressy light purple satin dress and lace blouse over top. Trust me when I say that she was not wearing it well. Did she just leave some sort of formal event?

I hesitate and say "Oh, thanks.." as unenthusiastic as possible, sincerely hoping that no more follow up comments will be made. "It's a REALLY nice Toyota!". A mixture of confusion and amusement wash over me, as I stare at her realized she has been fooled by my black Toyota badges.

"It looks FAST!"... Ok.. I can't let that one go "Well, it's really not very fast". "Well, it looks fun!" I groan mentally and realize I just inadvertently kept the conversation going.

"You know, I've seen a few of these around here, I'd love to go for a ride sometime!" [insert WTF face] O.o "Yeah, there are a few of them around here..." as I try to avoid acknowledging the second part of her statement.

It didn't work. "Yeah anytime you want to give me a ride, I'd love to go". OMG, so awkward. Never gonna happen. Need her to keep walking away. "Uh, OK, cheers, see ya..."

:|
LMAOOOO I had a guy legit follow me out of the gym, all the way to the end of the parking lot, to tell me that I have a nice car and I should take him for a ride. Long story short. Trust me when I tell you I completely understand the awkwardness that accompanies that situation. I tried the whole "ah it's just for looks" thing and then it got followed up with some cheesy pick up line regarding my looks that I can't remember. I've never been so grateful that my car is in fact, fast, and I rode off into the sunset. LOL.

Idk how you could turn down a ride from an old lady in a purple dress though. Sounds like a good time
CA86GRL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CA86GRL For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (03-27-2017), My Key (03-28-2017), spike021 (03-27-2017)