Old 02-25-2017, 04:10 AM   #13
AceHeader-MT

Drives: 2012 FR-S
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajanken86 View Post
Lol I always thought going on diet was the first thing racecars do
During the week, the aero kit is removed and it still drives to get groceries. AC, windows and carpets are still there to make it comfortable during the 100*+ days we have here.

Also this car is used for all our exhaust testing. We need to leave it as stock as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Thanks for sharing this, guys. The car looks fast. That said, it also seems to have more understeer than I would expect with this level of development. How does the balance of the car feel from behind the wheel?
Massive understeer. This run was the first with this amount of aero and also the CSG/SRC Tien shocks. We need to do some tweaking to eliminate the understeer issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
How much power does the car make?

Any plans for a rear bumper and/or diffuser?

- Andrew
Car makes 160HP at the crank
The diffuser isn't as simple as we thought and AMB has explained that it's a major process. The design is built for a full tunnel underbody so a standard diffuser won't have too much effect.

So since we can't reduce rear lift, we have a massive wing to create huge rear downforce.

Serious top speed sacrifice on the starights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamtruk View Post
According to the video description, the motor is stock. Now does that mean stock internals but boosted engine or stock as in not modified or lightly modified (bolt-ons and tune). Because if it is the later I would be very impressed to learn if that aero produces actual gain on lap times vs light aero (rear small wing) or no aero at all. Can you post lap times at all, or do you have a reference to compare to before the aero and just say if it was faster or not?
Engine is 100% stock from factory. OEM radiator, OEM air box and no oil cooler. Only engine bolt ons are the Anaconda 42.7, FP and catback.

We've gained almost 2s/lap on the same set of tires and brakes with this aero set-up. With true race tires, it will easily beat our old track record as cornering speed is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximeT View Post
Wing is an APR 1000 as far as I know.

Engine is stock with ACE Anaconda header and straight pipe exhaust.
Map by Delicious Tuning.
That's it!
AceHeader-MT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AceHeader-MT For This Useful Post:
craigpitts7 (02-25-2017), Icecreamtruk (02-26-2017), Racecomp Engineering (02-26-2017), wparsons (01-23-2018)