Irace86
Banned

Drives: BRZ + Ducati M796
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fika84 View Post
Really? That's good to know! That would make sense that that's how they measure it.. but seems hard to pull off 60% reduced throw with an increase in shaft length like that... I'd like to see some geometric drawings and/or have someone measure the movement of their hand so that I could compare to the Kartboy..

I'll be the first to admit that it's not for me. I've never minded the reach down on or off track since that's what I'm used to and it's been that way in every manual car I've driven (except my Toyota Pickup).

I could be wrong but I'm almost positive this is a 60% decrease in the angle of throw. If this was short it would be the same angle of travel but would move very little linearly. The stock shifter would practically smash into the dash at that height, or would go through it. I think I've seen samurai sword shifters that just touch the dash.

This shifter is for ultimate control, proximity and feel during 3/9 position steering at the track. I can't imagine shifting around town with this. I like to rest my elbow on my arm rest and relax my hand on the shifter. Plus i steer at a 4/8 position so the stock height is already in line and ideally positioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk