Old 01-09-2017, 03:08 AM   #18
Sundae
meatbun

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S RS 2.0 (812)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy_dorifto View Post
It won't show up on their local system, they have to order it from dealer daily website. That is how my local dealer ordered my hardware kit.
tl;dr That's about the same experience I had.

I'll tell the story, since the subject was brought up...

On Wednesday, I called the dealership and they seemed to understand what I was saying. I was told to come in and order physically (this is some dealership rule or something that you need to order parts in person). I arrive, and it seems there was a huge communication breakdown; he thought I wanted the gasket from the cat to the midpipe, even though I was very clear. I showed him the part number and the parts for the hardware kit on my phone, and he couldn't find it in the system. He asked me to call tomorrow so he could call their warehouse, or something, since I was there after the warehouse's hours.

I call and remind him Thursday, he says he'll call back in 10 minutes. Turns out that yes, the part number is valid and the hardware kit does exist! For whatever reason, it was removed from his system, and somebody from the warehouse needed to manually re-add it. He had it done, and I was able to get to the dealership again to put in the order. Total come to about $24.25.

It should be there on Tuesday, and I'll come back with any updates then.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote