Old 11-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #28
tomaszjanczak

Drives: Silver Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
Please elaborate on what you sense is better performance with Motul.
Overall quieter, smoother running engine. With Mobil 1, the engine has this rattle sound, that I have concluded is related to the timing chain. Once I fill up with Motul, that noise is completely gone and this is 100% repeatable. I can switch back to Mobil and the noise instantly comes back. I am certain Motul provides better lubrication for this engine. It's not a coincidence. The engine revs smoother with Motul. That is a small difference but the timing chain noise is not. Power wise, I don't feel any major difference between the 2 and have no data to prove anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ac View Post
Your butt-dyno needs calibration.

I ran Mobile 1 the last ten years on my MR2 Turbo, it's seen 10+ years of daily driving, and about 6 years of autox and track days at Willow Springs in the summer with 90-100 degree temp. So far it's still ticking and working fine.

So if it works great in a mid engine trubo charged car, yeah it's going to work in ours.
Like I said above, I don't sense any power differences. The differences go way beyond power in my situation. Your MR2 doesn't have an FA20 engine. The same oil can behave differently in different engines and I have no doubts Mobil 1 worked well in your MR2.
tomaszjanczak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomaszjanczak For This Useful Post:
driftking96 (04-26-2017), RB-BRZ (11-01-2016)