Old 08-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #2243
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
So I couldn't sleep and was on the internet and found this.

it's not the greatest video, but none the less thank you to the person who created it and uploaded it all credit goes to him.
Since none of our usual staff was able to attend the event to get good footage.(apologies that I was unable to)

2017 US Spec Toyota 86 @ 86 fest.

this is probably the best view of what the US spec 2017 (Mono) 86 will be in my opinion. The only thing that I can't confirm is if the LCD screen item was added to the dash. * this is my personal educated speculation take with salt*

otherwise, we're basically getting the same car as the one shown in New York, it has the older GT seats from the old 86, but has the higher Alcantara trim pieces. No fog lights, and so far only automatic models are shown. This time however a red car is shown and no longer has prototype sticker stuck on it. I wonder if there is any other people with media of the car. The LCD screen item on the dash is my biggest interest.

Edit* confirmed No Screen in there.

anyways let's see what else we can find on this Im sure there's media of it somewhere and we'll get something soon via official items Im hoping.

curious to see how this will be priced. above or below a BRZ premium.
@Tcoat @raven1231 @ichitaka05

So pretty much the monospec they said they would release for 2017 except with Toyota badges. Probably would have been exactly the same car even if still badged as Scion. My guess is they will keep the price down for this one to soften the blow when the tricked out 18s with more trim levels come out. With the disappearance of Pure Price there is the possibility that they may raise the MRRSP a bit so that they can "lower" it when bargaining.
Dadhawk (08-11-2016), Zaku (08-11-2016)