BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat07 View Post
Has anybody had any issues with their throttle body /throttle position sensor? My car threw a P2119 code and went into limp mode. Since then, the car has sat in a driveway and started up properly, idled fine, and was able to Rev past 3 k.
Are you on the CARB tune? P2119 shows as "thottle valve return spring malfunction" here: http://ft86tech.com/frs-brz-error-codes/

I would take the air box off and check if the throttle body moves smoothly ie nothing causing it to stick and that it returns back to closed relatively quickly when you let go of the gas pedal. If you are on the CARB tune, I'd give Edelbrock a call also, just to see if they have any other suggestions.

I had something similar happen once but I had a different code, P2135 "throttle position circuit low". Same symptoms, was driving on the freeway then went on limp mode with the CEL all of a sudden. Was able to limp to the side of the freeway to check the code. I disconnected,cleaned and reconnected the throttle connector (the Edelbrock comes with an "extension" for it) and the connector for the throttle pedal. Cleared the code and started it up and was able to drive home like normal. Haven't had the problem since (knock on wood). Mine seemed more like an electrical problem than a mechanical one like your code suggests.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (07-25-2016), Tomcat07 (09-08-2016)