View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 07:30 PM   #4269
Jawnathin

Drives: Toyobaru FRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renfield90 View Post
Just look at nats results bro. The fastest BRZ was driven by a multi-time jacket winner, and was not well placed.
I am a little late to the party but a few observations on this. Brian in his BRZ was dirty on all runs for day two. He had the scratch time to get to 8th place which considering the level of competition at Nats is very respectable and shows it can compete. Also it is my understanding he was quite new to the car as in he just jumped in that summer. I think the BRZ is still very competitive.

Having owned both, the FRS is a little faster but not enough to separate classes with. The springs and swaybars help, but they're making the car better at what it already is good at instead of fixing some type of shortcoming of the car such as the torque dip, more mph in 2nd, more camber, wider wheels, etc. The advantage was smaller than I had expected once I drove the FRS.

Anyway, I don't care what they do with the classes, IMO they're close enough to be in the same class with or without the parts. But letting the BRZ run the TRD parts or splitting classes and letting non-TRD FRS/BRZs in a single DS class is fine too.
Jawnathin is offline   Reply With Quote