Old 06-03-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
[YOYO]
Amazing Member

Drives: 2014 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
And only one user, @[YOYO] who posted some good youtube videos of his HKS with Tomei headers. If you're reading this, I have a question: I noticed that the exhaust has a bit of drone around 2K RPM in your free revving video, is that a constant droning if I cruise at 2K RPM? Is it just a drone as you decelerate past 2K? Did you ever have this exhaust before installing your headers?
Hey! The video is not mine, it's just the same setup that I have, so posted it up for informational purposes. Also, the exhaust in those videos actually sounds louder and more pronounced thank it is in real life. Yes, I had the exhaust for a while before the header install, and it's essentially just as silent as the stock exhaust, with a nicer, deeper rumble, which is heard more on the outside of the vehicle than on the inside. Inside, it's essentially at stock sound levels. I was running this setup with a K&N drop in filter.

As for the setup with the header. The only time it really makes more significant noise is under harder acceleration / deceleration. I don't have any annoying drone at 2K RPM. It's actually an amazing setup for general driving / commuting. I have had cars with all sorts of exhaust setups in the past, and this one is by far and wide the easiest to live with. I get compliments on it all the time. The only time it's annoying is on cold start for about 30 seconds or so, but that's a given. You will not be disappointed or annoyed with this setup. It is really nice

Anyway, hope that helps. If you have any other questions, then let me know
PandaSPUR (06-03-2016), turtlefeeder (06-04-2016)