steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renfield90 View Post
Yeah, I mean source code, like assembly or C/C++. Most open source tunes with a launch control patch do not provide exactly what I need, so I either need to write one from scratch or modify an existing one.

Or I can shell out the money for EcuTek/RaceRom which would give me what I need, but I think it's more fun to do it my way.

I suppose I could disassemble a binary patch but that's a lot more work since you lose all the symbol information.
i suspect that the brzedit dudes jusy hijacked the patches from the oft\romraider guys

just get an oft rom say A01G and return all tables to stock then do a hex compate with a stock rom , will give you the assembler code in hex then you will need IDA or similar to decipher it .

You could try asking td-d over at romraider for the code patches. But you also going to need to dissassemle rhe rom code to find where to hook it in and any other parameters you want to read or adjust, not a simple task.

No one has the source for the actual ecu code

The ecutek lc and ffs is definitly better especially the ffs, as it not just a single rpm limit it a variable rpm reduction based on your current rpm when clutch depressed and you can also alter the amount of ignition retard and the afr target and the resume delay
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote