View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 01:13 AM   #1299
Tomcat07

Drives: 2015 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Those IATs are the post intercooler charge air Temps. 115 isn't really that bad on a 95 degree day, but 145 on a 95 degree day is a significant reduction. FYI 115 was the charge air Temp the TMAP sensor was reading with the oem radiator installed.

So far the weather stripping has helped. The car is pulling harder again but it's hard to tell if I got it back to where it was with the OEM radiator. The fact that it has improved does seem to indicate that the vacuum caused by the blower was suctioning some of the hot engine bay air. I'm probably going to finish ducting the whole radiator and maybe shield the air box and intake for good measure. Also, those hot radiator, a/c condenser, and intercooler are all right there potentially heating up some of the air going into the air box. That side of the radiator houses the oil cooler which is hotter than the radiator fins so it probably has an effect being right next to the intake opening. The oil is hotter than the water by a few degrees Celsius (don't know ferenheight our car reports in absolute pressures and Celsius temperatures) but I'd imagine 220 degree hot metal right next to the air box intake doesn't help.

The OEM snorkel goes on the bumper side of the air dam which serves to shield intake temperatures from the radiator/condenser heat, but the edelbrock opening sits right above the radiator. Though it didn't really cause any problems with the oem radiator, this new one has the oil cooler sitting right under it.
Tomcat07 is offline   Reply With Quote