BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
Now that we have the "modification necessary" qualifier for this kit, what kind of modification is required?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
According to my shop, fabricating a mount to relocate the core and getting new lines.
^This. Its the front mount bracket that needs "modification" since it installs in front of the LTR (intercooler radiator) and may interfere. Depending on where you decide to relocate the core, you may have to extend the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86Asia View Post
In anycase, we are definately greener than 91 users, so at least we make less toxic emissions. It's like eating Organic, food is more expensive, but it's supposed to be more healthy for you.
Two words: Energy Density. It takes about 1.5 gal of E85 to release the same amount of energy "stored" in 1 gal of regular gas. This is the same reason you needed larger injectors and higher flowing pump.

I would also have to disagree with the "greener" assumption. People on E85 seem to think that its better for the environment and they are dead wrong. Is it more energy independent? sure is. Is it better for the planet? depends on who you ask. Ask the corn growers and they will be all for it (you wanna guess why?) Ask environmentalists, they'd tell you we are wasting precious land on growing fuel instead of food. Ask the air resources board (whom I've worked for in the past), and its just as bad, if not worse than regular gas. Different fuel, different emissions (NOX vs CO2), all the same effect on global warming, etc.

I guess along the lines of your "eating organic" analogy, sure, you pay more and feel better about it, but in the end, doesn't really affect the grand scheme of things

But I'll get off my soap box now... I'd still go Flex Fuel if it didn't mean driving 30 mins out of my way to get to the closest E85 station
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
andrew20195 (11-26-2016), clayrush (05-18-2016), new2subaru (05-18-2016), taiguy (05-18-2016)