View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 01:15 AM   #1252
GT86Asia

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alright,

A little update on how things are going.

I was at Edelbrock today, for the the facilities tour. A very cool place indeed!
They got so many CNC machines....I've seen some factories, but these guys....like 80% of their machinery is CNC, so pretty darn awesome.

So, I drove up to their office, and walked in, funny thing....as soon as I walked in they seem to know who I was...then they said they saw me on a video, I started laughing, haha.

Anyway, we talked about my setup, and some of the issues we had with the install. Edelbrock said some other customers have had the same issue with these headers, and most of them have simply changed to different headers.

Well, I bought them already, and don't wanna spend more cash on a different set...soo I'm sticking to these headers.

As far as the intake that you all saw on my setup, Edelbrock said their only concern might be that the intake they chose has a much larger filter area, and the main reason for that is not so much for power, but rather to help the supercharger stay cool and keep temps down.

They said as a DD the concern isn't that big, but if I did decide to go track it, things might get a bit warm.

They also said, that to them, it was very essential to have a Catch Can installed, as if any oil gets into the SC and into the intercooler, it would be a nightmare to take apart, and clean it.

So, for ANYONE that is using this kit, they STRONGLY recommend installing a catch can, to have the best reliability possible.

In case u do plan to track your car with this kit regularly, they also advice to get an oil cooler in addition to the catch can. But, a catch can is more essential than an oil cooler.

NExt topic, MPG.

DAMN, mpg is loww lowww lowwww....this is my first experience with E85, and what I can tell you guys is, if you do your best freeways at 60-65, low rev shifts....the best u can hope for using this kit and E85 is like 17 miles to the gallon. Today I did 16.8 on average, added 8 gallons after I drove 133 miles, and on the way back home I added 7.8 gallons after again driving 133 miles. So the same day I had to gas twice. Yeah, pretty messed up....but I guess we are Alcohol-Heads, not petrol-heads anymore.

Today got pretty warm in downtown LA, up to 82 degrees. The car seems to stay cool, but after turning on the A/C, I started getting a pretty pronounced oscillation on the Rev needle when stoping at any street light. On one instance, the car almost stalled, and the rpms were oscillating from 400rpm to 2000rpm, up and down up and down.
As soon as I turned the A/C off, the oscillation was reduced to like 800-1200 and then it stopped and rpms settled in 900.

I'll go and talk to my tuners on Monday and see what they say about it.

Other than that, the car is fast! and really fun to drive!
GT86Asia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GT86Asia For This Useful Post:
clayrush (05-14-2016)