View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #1764
gdrider77

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvand02 View Post
Sorry if this has been talked about already, but I swear I searched.

What's engine longevity looking like for the Stage 1 or 2 kit with E85? I know at that power level (~400 whp) a clutch and fuel is definitely necessary, but what about a built engine? I'm thinking about keeping the BRZ as a long term toy, and starting to get bored with 300hp

Im running essentially a stage 3ish on stock internals? with e85, around 400whp. Been running this for years and everything is still fine. Did wreck a tranny, so had to replace that, but other than that, everything been fine. Of course, I did upgrade all the other parts fuel, clutch, etc. when i did the initial turbo. This is my second cluthc, as my first one was an exedy stage 1, and it worked well for a while, but began slipping at higher powerlevels, now running an act 6puck

I garage this all winter, and really only drive on nice days, and the occasional track day, not a lot of miles, maybe 3000 miles a year, so not like i have been running it a lot, but always seems to run well when i do take the car out. but yeah, even with light use, my transmission went to hell.