View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 11:00 PM   #283
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq
 
bcj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Location: pnw
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 6,780
Thanked 5,270 Times in 2,296 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
The weather finally cleared up and I needed a road trip.
Decided to head out to La Push on the ocean side of the Olympic Peninsula.
On the way up through Poulsbo the highway reader board said that the Hood Canal bridge would be opened for maintenance for a few hours.
Headed south instead. It would be about the same distance either way.

When I got to Forks, I et a Sullys Burger. It's the spot Mick Dodge stops off on the north edge of town for a gut bomb.



After that I headed down the spur to La Push past all the glitter monster stuff and took a panorama of La Push Harbor.



Afterwards I continued clockwise around the Olympics. They were done with the bridge fixings and all went rather smoothly.
Spent about 9 hours all together with stops and poking around.
__________________
--
"I gotta rock." -- Charley Brown
bcj is offline   Reply With Quote