View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 03:01 AM   #1753
JD86

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I remember when they brought out the stage 1.5 and 2. I still don't know what those differences were. I tried to figure it out, but gave up pretty quickly due to lack of GAF.

Edit: I just checked their website, it still doesn't give a complete list of what is in the stage 2 package. Nor stages 3, 4, or 5.
My memory is a little vague on stage 1.5 but the rest went something like this.
Stage 1. Basic turbo kit 5psi actuator ends at over pipe.
Stage 2. As above, plus 8psi actuator, plus full 2.5 inch exhaust, plus upgraded map sensor.
Stage 3. As two, plus billet wheel turbo, plus fuel injectors plus fuel pump. You were recommended to have a full 3 inch exhaust somewhere here too.
Stage 4. Ditto to 3, although I believe the stage 4 turbo received a bigger wastegate than stage 3 to counter boost creep. You must have a 3 inch exhaust turbo back exhaust by this point and access to decent fuel otherwise you're wasting your time. Plus a bigger intercooler which required a larger intercooler feed pipe, which meant modifying your windscreen washer bottle.
Stage 5 from what I can see has a new turbo (which has a lip on the intake pipe ftw!) and revised cold side pipe work. Plus fensport is running a complete custom fuel system.

I have a modified stage 4 kit installed at the moment, using some other manufacturers components (like the intercooler, wastegate actuator and other bits) and some slightly tweaked avo ones. Unfortunately I am finding like fensport I need a complete fuel system to run it. So I'm currently sitting with a nice conservative 8psi map until I finish that... And I'm going to steal their idea of enlarging the direct injector feed now that I've seen that... So my dyno graphs of stage 4 aren't reflective of its capabilities. Plus I'm waiting for the Motel flex fuel software update which should be in beta shortly. Plus Australian dyno/conditions... So will never be the lofty numbers the Americans on here are used to seeing :-p

I could be slightly out with the stages so feel free to correct me people. I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong.
JD86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD86 For This Useful Post:
Calum (04-02-2016), ChrisD (04-09-2016)