Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Sinker View Post
Austin over Dallas.
Dallas has great small cities that are just outside the city limits that I would recommend moving to vs in city living. Dallas has some dreadful highway systems. They seem to always be under construction. The lanes on some parts of the highways are narrow as they can be. I was pulling a 20 ft trailer and was terrified it was going to hit someone. Though the upside is no one texts and drives or you know who did. The big college out there is UNT it is well populated but it's still not a college city.

Austin is a alternative thinking community vs Houston. The college is UT and it does take prodominance in the community. As much as it is a thriving city of downtown buisness it is just equally thriving in college kids. You will know when it is exam time, all the school holidays, or even when school starts by how busy the city feels. But with such a young influence affecting the culture of rhe city. You can find some great food for low cost.
The highway system is better than dallas and traffic is lighter in general but it still has one. The city has a better understanding for pedestrian as much as that is a good bad thing.
The bus system i say are equal.
Though Austin is close to many other major cities. San Antone with its six flags and river walk, Houston with the Rodeo, Luling Texas for the River, Buc-EEs. College Station as well.
Dallas isnt near much but Oklahoma were you can Gamble legally.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
LOL you ever driven down 35 in Austin during rush hour on a weeknight? Not fun at all. Not to mention Austin roads overall are terrible for sports cars.

I'd say overall they both would be equally as enjoyable to live but I give Dallas the edge simply because their roads are far better maintained. Both major cities have wonderful surrounding suburban areas as well.
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote