Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan View Post
Hold on while I find you a ribbon.

EDIT: found one

Seriously though, I'm not from that generation either, and my comment wasn't about that. I'll admit that I'm not sure how I feel about the subjective things like the looks, but the remaining engineering things that they've changed... the negativity surrounding all of it is just so bizarre to me. None of it hurts anything. None of it makes the car "less pure".

This car is already wholly synthetic as a sports car... Throttle by wire, electric power steering, clutch on a cam with a helper spring, ABS/EBD?!?. And guess what, we like the car anyways. Because in spite of the synthetic nature of the car, Toyota / Subaru got those things right. Have we no faith that they could continue to evolve the car and get more things right? Innocent until proven guilty? I get that it's standard, and popular, to go with the negative mob mentality online, I've been on the internet since before there were web pages. I'm just over it.

Is it too much to ask for people to at least try to be positive and/or respectful? (yes, I know that it is.)

I don't think anybody anyplace accused the car of being "les pure". Headed in a new direction yes but the "purity" never came into play. The whole pure this is a thought process based on individual concepts anyway.
As far as being negative goes, well that was the reaction that people had. It is their true and honest reaction and if some express their dissatisfaction in ways that others do not like well that is what makes us individuals. To put a false positive spin on things would be a huge mistake as then those responsible for things would base all future actions upon those results. Everybody would be at the mercy of those that do not want to ruffle feathers or voice an objection so nobody would truly get what they want.
Who are we supposed to respect? Toyota? Those of us that don't like some of the changes are supposed to just say "OK Toyota we don't like the changes but since you are so great we will let it slide"?
The majority (of those that spoke up) here do not like some of the changes but that does not make it a negative mob mentality at work just the popular vote.