Old 06-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #50
bucket

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso_Corsa View Post
You've got exactly the right attitude.

In the world of cars, you will always get what you pay for. You will get more by spending more on a Cayman. You will get more by spending more on an Elise.

If this were not true -- as some people here seem to believe -- then nobody would spend more than 30k on a car.

However, the law of diminishing returns makes such an incredible case for the FRS. You really are maximizing every penny of your purchase price to prioritize chassis, handling and driving fun. I think you're gonna love your car and won't feel at all like you missed out by not spending the extra for the Lotus or the Porsche.

In my opinion, the interior materials are rubbish and the engine sounds so-so and the steering feel could be better, but when I think about how little this car costs brand spanking new, all of those are small sacrifices to pay for what you get. The chassis, the suspension, the practicality, the fuel economy. You get a LOT for that money. This is the absolute best car in that price range. It is so good that I think it's beaten the Miata as my previous budget driver's car of choice.

Enjoy it!!!
The primary thing that is steering me towards the BRZ, is how much can you really use the Cayman on the road? After driving a C6 around for a couple weeks, I ended up with the impression that I loved the car, but it makes absolutely no sense to spend the money on one unless you went to a racetrack often. Even driving that car at 5/10ths would get you into some seriously inadvisable situations/speeds. If the car never leaves the street, then you are leaving money on the table and not getting everything out of it, or doing some ridiculous shit. I could see a Cayman as being the devil on the shoulder that always tells you to do bad things.
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote