Old 01-27-2016, 12:18 AM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,024 Times in 1,864 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
I had a '98 Tacoma that I loved to drive...my dad has a 2007 that I hate to drive even though it is very useful and works great overall at doing truck things. I just can'take stand how they changed the driving position and shifting feel in the manual transmission...it'seems like you'really driving a freaking bus or something and the clutch is awfully as well. My '98 was a sports car in comparison, better heel-toe than the FR-S with a much better feeling clutch. I do like how the newer Tacoma rides and goes offroad... just a matter of all the driver inputs feeling so wrong in comparison to the previous gen.

I'm actually looking to maybe go with a late 200X Frontier in the near future... it seems to be more like the older gen Tacoma than the newer Tacoma's (but I've yet to drive one). I'm just looking for an inexpensive, lightweight truck that is moderately offroad capable and can autocross. I spanked every other truck driver and was faster than nearly half the sportscar drivers in my stock height Tacoma that was fully functional as a 1/2 ton truck...

Get a Tacoma XRunner (if you can find one that isn't bashed/thrashed). Don't think I'd do any off roading in one tho.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote