Snyperiflex

Drives: Scion FR-S Release Series 1.0
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieflyinv View Post
well to be honest I dont want to be hitting my gas pedal to make the pops lol
I understand why alot of you guys like it this way, but my personal preference would be for it to happen on its own
especially considering the way I drive in the city and highway as it results in aloooott of very very light throttle application, rarely do I use more than like 10% throttle application on a normal drive (logged it lol i was kinda surprised)
but yes my goal is to create the same effect but without the pedal application, looked into some threads on romraider forums with the sti's and it seems the combination of the above, while also changing the Base Idle Timing (above speed threshold) would do the exact same thing without any effect to low speed drivability. the intensity of the pop resulting from changes in the Idle timing,
Also read that it could improve drivability as far as the lurching/uncomfortable choppiness when coming off throttle fast in low speed driving, it should theoretically smooth out the transition (aka stop and go highway driving using mostly 1st & 2nd where the car lurches alot) and when coming back on I read that I should be aware that tip in enrichment may need modification to further smooth out going back on throttle from overrun

Idn, im going to try it out anyways and see what it does, and I will report back here with what I come up with in case anyone else cares to try it as well
I mean my buddy has a catless 3.8L genesis that backfires like a shotgun from time to time... and no one has bothered him lol mine would be more sublte and at least I can adjust/change the intensity if it is too much

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
I'm interested in what you're saying. It would be nice to have the exhaust pops off-throttle, with engine speed's above say 3k rpm.
I don't think it will be annoying, several newer sports cars do this on purpose as well
Jaguar F-type, Porsche Cayman GTS, Mercedes A45 AMG, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Snyperiflex is offline   Reply With Quote