View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 01:07 AM   #83
rusty959

Drives: DGM BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
I had the Alignment tool in it the whole time I was torquing down the pressure plate. I have my own transmission jack to. I had the engine on a jack to support the weight as mentioned to.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Its not there just to support the engine weight, you are actually tilting the engine so that its easier to line up the shaft on the tranny. My best suggestion is to tilt the engine as far as you feel comfortable (I have stiffer perrin mounts, I tilted it just shy of lifting the front of the car up, yolo) and then jiggle it around and try different positions until it slides in. The tolerance is pretty tight, you need it lined up pretty perfectly. I put my tranny in gear and then spun the back shaft of the tranny by hand vice spinning the flywheel in order to get the shaft splines up, but I think that's usually going to be less of a problem than getting the shaft strait with the hole.

It might take awhile of jiggling and screwing around, but it will eventually go in. Mine took maybe 3 minutes of screwing around, not including breaks.