View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #59
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reverse Camera

today I installed a backup camera. it was fairly simple, with only routing wiring being pretty time consuming. it took me about 3.5 hours from starting to clean up. in total, I spent about $100 for the camera and wiring harness.

the camera I bought was the Rydeen Duo off eBay for $70 and the Auto Harness House wiring harness for $30. pretty cheap mod that is easy on the wallet and easy to install.

here is the camera with the wiring harness. the construction is solid on it:

I drilled a hole in the trim piece, but turned out it was slightly too forward. oh well, it still works and the camera doesn't stick out at all.

camera mounted:

final picture of it on the car:

head unit screen:

I need to get used to the picture on my head unit lol. it is weird for me to look at the picture and see things orientated the way they are. for example, the camry was parked to my right on the driveway, but I am used to turning my head and seeing it on my left. when I first looked at my head unit, I was confused since I thought the camry was on my left at first, then realized it was actually on my right. kind of hard to describe what I felt, but I was definitely confused for a little bit lol