View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #2743
Kellhound

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Alright lets start with the basics:

1. What kind and what size tires are you running? What tire pressures?
Im running stock rims and tires @ 34 pounds at all 4 points. Just bare in mind that the car is worse now than when I drove it off the dealers lot with the same tires and pressure
2. What spring rates did your coilovers come with? You will usually see it in lbs/in or kg/mm (sometimes just k). I'm not sure what you mean by 1/4" softer in the rear.
1/4 inch less preload on the spring (using a caliper vs. the front preload) 6kg on the springs
3. Your alignment could use improvement. -1 degree of camber is not very much especially in the rear. That in combination with the slight toe out you have is a big part of your oversteer issue. 0 toe is 0 toe...not a little bit in or a little bit out.
I'll take your recommendations to P-Tuning when they align the car. Thanks for the input
4. Is your rear swaybar adjustable? Have you tried it on the softest setting? (the farthest out holes)
I have not tried the furthest setting out. That makes sense as I am trying to increase grip in the rear and push in the front. I was trying to stop the car from feeling like it was rolling on the edges of the tires during high speed cornering. I'll make that change this weekend
5. What are your damper settings? 3 clicks from full stiff front and 3 clicks from full soft in the rear?
That is correct
6. How much preload are you running exactly? Preload is often a misused tool...it doesn't increase spring rate on a linear spring.
I will say that I started with the settings Skunk2 recommended in the configuration video. The springs can spin on their perch and still do. I did however increase the front preload by 1/4", and reduced the preload by 1/4" in the rear

So...
I will change the sway settings on the rear bar to the end hole
I will raise the car .5 inches as I only dropped her 1.5 inches.
I will run the dampening back to stock and adjust for bump instead of trying to set it as a crutch for handling.
I'll move the preload back to Skunk2's recommended setting on all 4 points
and of course the master alignment and corner balance for a 200 pound driver.

Thanks for your input guys. I'll feel a little better driving home from work today. 8)
Kellhound is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellhound For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (10-09-2015), strat61caster (10-09-2015)