View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #69
machewcoy

Drives: 2014 Raven FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had an awesome time at the event. Given, I felt the awards/raffle took a bit too long, but that was because I left my car at the autocross paddock and I was afraid that I'd be locked in if I stayed for the whole thing. Autocross was definitely fun, so I spent most of my time there trying to put in better times. My best posted time was a 41.272, but I had a previous run that was 39 something seconds, had I not gone across the finish line backwards lol. Also, I was all stock as well, stock tires, stock brakes, stock exhaust, stock everything. Super fun, can't wait to do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurytic View Post
There was a lot of non/miscommunication between all the crews working this thing. I had difficulty getting to the autocross, as the staffs had no clue about it.

I went for autocross and i enjoyed it very much. My wife got in on the Scion drive (VIP raffle), and even though it kept interrupting the overall Autocross, it was still family smooth. There were some really good cars/drivers that I got to watch which helped me with my line. I was told the AutoX had a smaller turn out, so we got plenty of time/runs in. I know I got 8 or 9 recorded runs, and a few more without. After 3PM, when the timing was not recorded anymore... it was like... 5-6 of us running over and over, until my tires couldn't handle it, as it was 105*F+. I left at about 3:45P. I definitely dont want to do another AutoX in such heat... ugh...
I also had difficulty finding the autocross. Waited in line at the front/general admission area for about an hour, then I was told I was in the wrong place haha. And it was SUPER hot, my phone and my camera kept overheating. The only video I got of myself autocrossing is a shitty cellphone video with a really bad angle because I put it in the passenger seat headrest lol.
machewcoy is offline   Reply With Quote