Old 09-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #93
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmSpeed View Post
See that sounds like the most logical solution, right? Except we foresee that people automatically assume that v2 is going to be better, and will order v2 even if they don't need it, and then we're stuck with perfectly good v1 intakes that just have to live their entire life in a box, never ever getting to go out for a rip, and make some 86 owner grin like an idiot every time they mash the loud pedal.

So we're going to look at a fix for existing airbox and oil cooler owners while we wait to reorder the new version of the airbox. The thing is, the fix is very easy to adapt an oil cooler it seems, and simply involves using a different fitting, and rotating your oil cooler 180 degrees. We're going to look into it, as we've already seen people do it successfully, and then we might have something to offer from there

Chase
Engineering
Definitely understand people ordering what they don't need and then you being left with perfectly good unsold stock.

What's this business using a different fitting? I'm still waiting a month or so to do it, but I've got my Jackson Racing oil cooler sitting in the garage ready to install. What would need to change?

Any pics?
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote