View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #6
Jeff@Racer X Fab

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Toyota MR2 Turbo
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Crap, was seriously interested until I saw it mounts to the undertray.

For track guys that just seems like a terrible idea. Go off, rip off undertray or a hard hit and that seems like a recipe for disaster.
No problem, we will offer an alternative solution that mounts from above instead of to the under tray. Appreciate the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
@racerx1715

Lovely!

I've been eyeballing this on your website for the past several days. Your parts are second to none and you have outstanding prices for such quality. Your sandwich plate seems like the one to beat. Also the free black anodize option is the bees knees.

1. As @OkieSnuffBox noted, mounting to the plastic undertray is ok, but some form of top mount bracket (similar to the Mishimoto kit) would be great, even as an option. Reason is for what he mentioned and also that weight on that tray can contribute to bumper cover sag that many owners have fought with over the years.

2. The Jackson Racing Oil cooler kit uses a Setrab 9 series radiator (#50-915-7612) (instead of the 6 series (#50-613-7612) included in most kits). For the additional cooling capacity needed for F.I. can you offer the same 9 series radiator as an upgrade option in your kit? http://www.setrabusa.com/products/oi...ine/index.html

3. Keep up the great work!
1) Yes, we can offer an alternative mounting solution.

2) We can also offer the larger core size, we may end up offer a Bell core with custom end tanks. This would eliminate two fittings, and still maintain quality while reducing cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfrenchbiker View Post
What thread pitch is used for the oil lines? Would you sell just an adapter plate?
The thread pitch is 7/8-14 (10AN) on the sandwich plate adapter. We will be offering the adapter plate and spacer separately.
Jeff@Racer X Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff@Racer X Fab For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-07-2015), OkieSnuffBox (08-07-2015)