Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac240sx View Post
Rad, thanks!

That excites me. The torque output is not too dissimilar to the stock stateside ka24de, and I love mine but a few horses seem to have escaped. I only had the money to keep it running, not improve much... I'm coming from a good place to be impressed.

To make sure I don't threadjack too hard: I paid off my student loans and got a promotion last week, so now that I *do* have a bit more, the 240 is being set aside to project status and I'm looking to DD an 86.

Are there any reasons in particular one might prefer a 15 over a 14 or a 14 over a 13?
the 14/15 had a few trinkety extras (in my country anyway) like shark fin antenna reversing camera or audio update different dash trim ect but the basic car engine gearbox driveline is same.

the initial ecu software issues were sorted by the 13 model ie the rough idle and transient retard fix/DI seal failure. and most of the cam actuator sensor issues were sorted by then as well.

although people still report the odd idle issues

supposed to be some minor suspension upgrade/tweak in the 15 but i dont think it rearly makes much difference
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
ac240sx (08-07-2015), Tcoat (08-07-2015)