Old 08-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packofcrows View Post

P.s. someone recommended to use white wax, then a week after use 2.0 wax? Huh?

P.p.s. my plan is to clay, white wax then 2.0???
Meguiar's White Wax is an all-in-one cleaner wax, with a mild ability to clean and polish. They actually use the following to differentiate their White Wax, Black Wax and Cleaner Wax:

Meguiar's differentiates the Black Wax and White Wax with the notion that a dark car will show more swirls, so it may need more polishing, and a lighter colored car will show more stains, so it may need more cutting/cleaning ability.

I actually used to use their Black Wax on my last white car with pretty solid results for an all-in-one product applied by hand, but I was using it to hide some swirls more than I was using it for its cleaner properties. The Black Wax was surprisingly decent at removing stains from the clear coat, for what it's worth. It's mostly useful if you don't have the time or the ability to do the full clay-> compound-> polish -> sealant -> wax routine, like most all-in-one waxes. I don't have a DA orbital, so I leave the compound to my detailer because I'm lazy.

An all-in-one's never going to be able to match doing the full process, but it can approximate the results in a fraction of the time. I don't like to use cleaner waxes too often, because it'll remove whatever existing wax you might have on the car. I operate on the principle of using the least abrasive product necessary for what I want to accomplish. When I don't see a professional, I'll generally do a cleaner wax twice a year, and regular waxes and sealants in between.

You can definitely top off any of their cleaner waxes with any of their standalone waxes. I've used Ultimate Liquid Wax on top of their Black Wax, and liked the results. Gold Class would also be a good choice, if you prefer the carnauba look.

----

ETA: If you're not limiting yourself to Meguiar's, as far as wax recommendations go, I've been on a Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore Paste Wax kick lately. It's wet-looking and reasonably priced.

Last edited by jawn; 08-05-2015 at 05:23 PM.
jawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jawn For This Useful Post:
Packofcrows (08-10-2015)