View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
kalel

Drives: s350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeSpeed View Post
True. It really is a strange car culture out there in Dubai. I was working out there briefly 07-08 and was tempted to buy an Evo IX out there but in those day the traffic used to be so bad that MT would not be a sensible option let alone buying a brand new car with no warranty!

I am looking to work out there quite soon so I was eagerly awaiting the launch prices and specs. I am torn between the AED 100k manual (with no HIDs, 16inch wheels, no climate control) or the AED 115k AT model which has nearly everything else but the Nur bodykit.

AED 15k is a lot of money which could be spent on some tasteful mods such as wheels, BRZ headlights and a USDM FR-S Instrument cluster (I am from the UK and I like to know how fast my speed is in MPH!)

Is it practical in 2012 to have a manual transmission daily driver in Dubai?
Dubai has progressed quite a bit since 2007-08. Lots of new roads around and its all very well planned. Plus roads around the hills near hatta and the ones shown in the vid in Fujairah are simply amazing to drive on.

Traffic is still bad though not as much as before and you can handle a manual car no problems. Still would go for the auto though, guess im lazy but manual cars just dont appeal to me any more. I have a motorcycle for visceral thrills. Plus I put as much as 40-50k miles a year on my cars so I need sthg im comfortable in.

anyway getting a black 86 myself, hopefully some time next month. Cant wait to run that baby all over the place
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote