View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #78
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You just don't get it, do you? IAT's and underhood temperatures aren't directly corellated at all. You're drawing connections that just aren't there.

It's also a $3300 kit, not $5k.

Where does the kit boost pressure land on the efficiency island? Do you even know which turbo it is (specifically, not just GT28)?

Get logs showing that IAT's are dangerous in street driving (even spirited), and I'll listen. Until then, you're just yammering on without an evidence at all.
You do realize that 3300 is just for the kit and not including tuning and anything else you might need to make sure it runs well.

This kit looks like crap and they are avoiding answering legitimate questions. Any kit you see on this forum you should probably add another 1-2 grand once you factor in installation/tuning/other parts you may need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmong337 View Post
And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you've never owned a formidible turbocharged car let alone build one?

I ran the mr2 with Touge.ca at cayuga a few years back. What's your issue? You've also proven to many of us here that you clealry have no direct experience with anything turbo. Seriously, all I see is a keyboard mechanic just reading and reposting what you find on the interwebs. Where is your direct experience?

Anybody that knows me knows that I build first and foremost for reliability. Power comes second. You clealry have know grip of knowledge surrounding turbo cars and how they behave if you're kinned to Works stage1 kit. It put down a measly 250whp ON E85 is what they said. Seriously, if you're into cheap thrills and only need a tiny bump in hp to satisfy for pulls here and there, you've got ESC Phantom written all over you. I can't even begin to imagine what a stage1 works does on pumpgas. Yikes!

You drive a 165whp frs, stop posing like you're a race car driver and please stop recommending what people should do in a FI application when you yourself don't even have any direct experience. Look, I get that you don't like me, but save face bro, you're making yourself look terrible.

There's so much more I can say but I'm on break at work.

My opinions on the stage 1 works kit is that it is trash. Do it right the first time and go stage2. Hell, even fab an a2a setup for the stage 1 if you don't want the complexities of an a2w system. But most importantly, intercooling is absolutely a necessity to turbocharging.

I'm done.
Lots of people see the stage 1 kit as trash. I agree with you and think this guy has never owned a turbo charged vehicle
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FR-Sizzle For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (06-06-2015), hmong337 (06-05-2015)