View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #217
blackhawkdown

Drives: 2012 WRX, 2003 RSX Type S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrazic93 View Post
Ive always been a fan of the Cayman's. I knew of the 987.1 IMS problem, which was why I was looking at an 09 for the dreams. Since they haven't been around as long as the 911, I keep hearing that the Cayman hasn't lived up to the Porsche stigma of reliability, which is a good thing. Although yes, consumables are considerably more expensive. But for the car you're buying (3x the price of the 86 when it was new) is understandable. There's even 987.1/2 single(?) turbo kits that make it a GT3RS fighter, but that's a whole different ball game.
The 987.1 Cayman S has 295hp while the 2009+ Cayman S has the 3.4L Direct Injection engine 320hpish. The 987.2+ caymans are the refined versions of the later. But just because of that don't disregard the 987.1. The 987.1 IMS issues are very rare at that.

That being said, you can modify parts to increase power in a Cayman or Carrera all day long but you can't make a Mid-Engine Carrera. The RR layout on the Carrera is a turn off for me but a 996 Turbo is one hell of steal. Now only if I can afford the GT4 Cayman.
blackhawkdown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackhawkdown For This Useful Post:
cdrazic93 (05-25-2015)