View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldy View Post
Ha you reposted my cicinet thread posting. I was just about to post the driect link to Hollis facebook tire thing. https://www.facebook.com/HollisRacin...45008598916447

I run both 225 star specs and 225 RS3s on a 17x7 rim. Rs3s are cheaper. And are stronger in the heat. They take the heat and just keep getting more grip. You wont be gaining anything running 225 over 215 with that rim but you wont be loosing anything either.

I ran star specs till my hankooks came in two weeks ago. And will run them again once the summer heat dies down. I ran 18x7.5 last year tires are just so much more money.

If you look at the 215 hankook compared to the 225 the 215 is more expensive. I will keep running the 17x7 untill next year. And then the size of the rim depends on where it ends up in st. And how wide people are finding the front can acutally go.

I would just like to add to this. If you live in an area which can see a lot of rain, the star specs have been known to be vastly superior then the RS3's. Both are great tires and I've also found the RS3's to be better in the heat.

But if you have any rain, you really want the star specs. Just some food for thought. Where I live it rains quite a bit. Even in the summer.

bneale
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote