View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #27
Shiv@Openflash
Senior Member
 
Shiv@Openflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2013 FRS
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 2,629
Thanks: 1,055
Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsDants View Post
My car completely falls on its face if I give it >50% throttle below 2000 rpm; it just bogs out and won't accelerate at all. This is on the 91 octane ESC tune with a modified snorkel. I'll try to find the log I captured it on but from what I remember when it happened, my AFR pegged rich and load shot up to something ridiculous like >4.0 g/rev.

Is there anyone with this problem who doesn't have a modified snorkel? It seems like that, besides an OFT tune, is a common thread for people experiencing this.
I have seen some combinations of ethanol formulations and cars run quite rich at low RPM full load. I suspect it may be caused by some combination of header design, MAF turbulance and lower Ethanol %. All that you need to do to fix it is adjust the primary fuel table. The OTS AFR values will be in the mid-12:1 range down like this:


I fixed the issue by just tweaking it as such:


You can confirm by just datalogging a few low rpm/high gear pulls. The nice thing is that the engine will happily accept a pretty wide range of AFR at that low engine speed. Anything result from an actual 12.5:1 to 13.5:1 will work fine.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote