View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 02:11 PM   #10
Nigelr32

Drives: '14 GT86 project, '13 GT86 DD
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK, I've had a change of heart now, and have decided to build a lightweight stripped out full cage track machine.

I have had all the engine work done and am starting on the shell. here we can see it on its very own rotisserie. You will notice I already seam welded the front end.. this was done when the shell was still on stands, lets just say the floor welds will be redone, they aint pretty!!

The rotisserie allows the body to be rotated and worked on in any orientation, so instead of having to grovel around on ones back to seam weld the floor, one can simply stand on a stool and do it vertically from the top.. like this....

Or you could always have the floor in front of your face??

Or the other way round??

Having this jig will also make the job of stripping sealant and cutting out the boot floor a lot easier, especially for an old bugger like me!!

The white '86 in the background used to belong to "Steveoexige", it had a JDL Turbo kit, Tein suspension, Cosworth brakes bla bla, now it's stock.