In Autobahn withdrawl

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited Man., WRB
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci View Post
Simple solution to avoiding a police search:

Yeah, that doesn't work with all police even if you're well within your rights. I've had a concealed carry permit for almost 10 years, and any time you drive through states with nasty laws and even with reciprocity, cops can and will abuse your rights. If you have out of state plates, you're a target. I got pulled over in Florida after making a wrong exit because the cops said there had been a lot of burglaries in the area and I had out of state tags.I explained I was lost and that I was also carrying with a permit (don't wawnt to surprise them), and those clowns held me for at least 30 minutes while they searched my car without consent and unloaded all of my magazines for some stupid reason. And thats in a gun friendly state.

I bought a couple cabled lock boxes for my cars from http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm . It's a neessity when you're doing interstate travel to be in compliance with the law. Unfortunately, they don't fit under the seat of my BRZ, which means I can't carry at all if I'm going to have to leave my gun in the car to comply with the law.
DoomsdayJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoomsdayJesus For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (03-31-2015), why? (06-12-2019)