Old 03-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #86
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
NA's not worth it, man... not when superchargers are available and can take you to 400whp pretty easily and reliably.

It's fairly similar to the FRS/BRZ, actually, IMO, at least from what I've read here on the forum, in that turbo is the way to go if you really want to get the most out of it, but a supercharger will cause less headaches and less trouble dealing with heat....... only the S2000 will make significantly more power. haha.
True and not saying I wouldn't go the S/C route if I really wanted to make big power. With that being said, I'm also not saying I'm going to drop 8-10K on a Spoon or any other crate motor. I would just see what mods could be done to the stock engine to keep it NA and reliable while maybe getting a little bit more power out of it. Long story short, I'd keep it mostly stock because it's already great from the factory and I don't want to add weight or complexity with FI. When the time comes to rebuild or replace the motor, then I would consider either a) crate motor from reputable shop/builder or b) rebuild motor and add FI.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote