View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #9
86SPEED

Drives: The silvertrooper 10 series
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by themajesticone View Post
That being said, if you did have a belt break on a JR kit, and you have an extra lets say. How difficult is it to put on a new belt? How likely is it going to break on a JR kit vs the KW given the KW's has a pulley system or whatever?
I honestly dont know. ive been told that the blower has to come off on the JR kit, on the KW kit with the small pulleys it doesnt need to come off, on the kits with the bigger new pulleys, it to have to come off. I have no hands on experience with the JR kit other then looking at it when a hood popped. Im not going to bash the kit at all. I do like the oil cooler they use, though ive never had a issue through the Vegas summer at 115* outside on the KW kit, I personally like the piping better on the KW. My main reason for the KW kit was the ease of upgrading the blower, or simple pulley changes, and the fact that if the belt breaks im not stranded.

Some try and knock the KW belt as being a sewing machine belt, but going to Gates website and looking at the belts, they offer 3 different versions of the model we use, the lower grade is in fact used for a industrial sewing machine, but the one we use, and even the one under the one we use is for variable speeds on loads that should be much higher then what the SC sees. so that just a myth, i know of a car that had over 400hp, driven very hard for about 20k miles and not one belt issue used the big pulleys the whole time.

-Thomas
86SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86SPEED For This Useful Post:
themajesticone (03-11-2015)