View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #42
houseofsuffering

Drives: 2013 M/T Limited WRBP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
No offense, but your opinion isn't going to change how many miles your car shows up with. You're always free to reject the car if the odometer number isn't to your preference. Just know that your fears or paranoia, while understandable, are obviously not based on a whole bunch of new-car experience. Ideals are often much different from reality, and it sounds like your STI experience is on one end of the bell-curve distribution.

To date I've taken delivery of 9 brand new cars [never been test driven] of varying countries of origin and the lowest mileage was 6, the highest 15. This jives perfectly well with everyone else saying about 10 miles is typical.
After all the actual "BRZ/FRS" experience responses it seems a few people have been getting their BRZ/FRS's that are still in the plastic with about 6-7 miles. I will have no problem accepting a car that has anywhere from 6-9 miles on it, anything over that and I'm going to start having second thoughts......

I realize that different car companies and different countries have different procedures with the way they handle their cars prior to delivery. Were any of those multiple cars that you bought a car that you personally went down and ordered in your name with the exact color and options you wanted? I think that is probably what makes this whole ODO miles such a big deal to me. The BRZ that is coming is my BRZ, I ordered it and picked the color and options. I want as many as possible of those first few miles to be mine and I don't want someone else joyriding "My" damn car just cause they can get away with it. Hell, I trusted enough in Subaru to decide to go and preorder a car the first year of production! I'm not some "Joe Blow" walking off the street getting talked into buying run of the mill civic sitting on the lot that they need to ensure doesn't break down on the way home.....I don't need my dealer taking "MY" car on a 10-12 PDI. They can drive it a mile or so if they must! But I will be damned if they are going to take it on a 10-12 mile joyride.

I think its safe to say that we are all "enthusiasts/car guys" that are perfectly capable of handling any minor mishaps from the factory...........I don't get why some of you are so insistent on some stranger driving your car for 10-12 miles before he gives the dealer the OK to sell you the car.
houseofsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote