View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 12:16 AM   #2939
zoth

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCorBUST View Post
Your tune is set up for boost, so down in low rpms, driving really slow, you can limp home, but you're not supposed to be driving around like that for prolonged periods. I wouldn't consider that driving under any normal circumstance anyway...

If you're curious, just drive around town for a bit with it off. Pretty sure you'll be filled with fear, not elated that you're limping around town.

I'd rather feel secure that it's not prone to breaking to begin with, something you don't find out with new to market kits until after a period of ownership and reviews from other consumers comes out. At this point it's happened often enough that I'd like to look into whether it's a general trend or a design flaw. If it happens less than other kits, then that speaks to excellent design, while if it happens more often, it says the opposite.

To be honest the car is not limping, it's just like back to being NA with an E85 tune.
Moto-East Flex-Fuel Kit (Almost running 100% E85 all the time)
DW 700 cc Injectors-Tune by (Moto-East)-KW Oil Cooler

Last edited by zoth; 02-07-2015 at 03:01 AM.
zoth is offline   Reply With Quote