View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Weapons Grade Performance Plug and Play LS Harness....

Alright for those who know of my thread, I have gone from NA to E85 NA then to E85 STS Rear Mount and then finally LS Conversion which I hope to have finished soon but yet again I have another setback.

I am building my own Swap pieces but when it came to the harness I knew my time would be taken else where so I called Weapons Grade Performance and after quite some time we came to an agreement for me to buy there Harness. Now in the Text Messages I still have I was told 1000 because it was 700+ to have his harness company build a harness from my GM Donor Harness. I agreed and sent him everything including a piece I mistook for the PCM. I ensured my Tach would work and everything would be like stock. We even talked about the CEL working using the Factory Clusters indicator and the LS ECU.

After about 60 days I got back a box from a company called Current Performance for the modification of my GM Harness... for 470.00. (Came with the invoice) but that was it. The harness looked decent I didn't like that they left some of the old wire that showed use but the rest of the work looked clean.
I did not get my FRS Harness back nor did I get any explanation. So I asked the owner via text (He seems to prefer communication in that method) and I was told it was a mistake and that he would pay to ship it back to him or I could finish it myself.... I told him that I felt he should finish it. This was the end of November.

Next we have today, I got the harness back finally and this is what 530.00 of plug and play wiring got me:

That's right ladies and Gentleman, 3 wires connected and nothing more! That is a Plug and Play harness for the FRS! There is nothing in the box, I was promised an email to detail further wiring but that never came and honestly I just expected it to be a "Remember to connect the power and grounds, you will need to disable the following items using your EcuTek license in the factory PCM etc. Not this.

Now this is all on top of when the package from current first came back I found my Direct Injection Controller Damaged as so. I wasn't to upset because I would not be using it but the fact that they did this and how my harness came back... WTF is this? 1000 for a Plug and Play setup, 530 just to Weapons Grade and what I got was 3 wires connected and the rest of my harness trashed and here we are.... This is no way makes my life easier!!!!!!!

I could have had a local company build a harness from scratch for less than 700 for the GM/LS Swap. I could have then looked at aftermarket gauge clusters and avoided all of this but I wanted the whole stock look because I really like the FRS as it is but this is what I have folks... this is my end result.

This is a piece of shit. I want to send this Harness and the Direct Injection Controller back get my 1000 back and paid for the free harness (Both GM and FRS) I basically provided we can say 150 and we part ways. I will have a new harness built for my existing PCM and just go from there.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=58591&page=6

Last edited by Cross; 01-31-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
CxG (10-26-2015)