View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalk View Post
Sears Point is actually nicely in line with another favorite road of mine, so that's perfect, thank you. Down to two.

I don't really intend to run 100 octane, more 93, that's not cheap stuff. Just want to have the car running the way it's supposed to is all since I'm always pushing it.

There seems to be a big debate everywhere I look about whether it is or isn't safe to use Torco, I can see which side of the fence you land on..but to me that's beside the point, because it's also pretty expensive and bad for emissions in the carcinogen way..which I have a moral issue with for a daily driver. Now if this was a weekend car..I wouldn't still be trying to find a way I'm more comfortable with.

Does anyone have any experience with mixing their own, or any booster based on aromatics that will raise octane 20(2) points for not too much? Really I'm thinking my solution would work, I was just hoping for someone experienced to give a greenlight..but if anyone knows how to get ahold of m-xylene/xylol at a decent price, please, I beg of you, share your knowledge.
When I am forced to use Shell 91 with my 93 tune, my OFT shows knock, with TORCO, it shows the same as 93 octane (10 + ounces of Torco).

When I get 93 it has corn likker in it (nothing available ethanol free), but it seems to perform well.

When I can afford it, I use Shell 91, with 1 gallon of race gas which brings the tank up to over 93 octane (roughly 94 to 97 depending on the octane of the race gas), which is my preferred set up, as that seems to make the most ponies.

CERBERUS
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote