Old 10-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
Poodles

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas BRZ View Post
+1 @Tcoat's question.

@babydriver: Nice color choice on the FR-S.

Also, I used to own an NC MX-5 and overall, I prefer the FR-S / BRZ (hence my decision to opt for it), although the MX-5 does certain things better... Such as more precise / solid shifting, more racy / responsive engine, and better lasting brakes (possibly due to lower curb weight). Almost everything else, I feel our car is a level up. Other than that, it comes down to wanting a two seat convertible vs. coupe with two extra small back seats.

Shifter is the difference between a transmission mounted shifter and a remote shifter. I've heard that stiffening up the transmission mount and possibly the rest of the shifter bushings helps, but it doesn't bother me enough to perform the upgrades myself.

Engine, yeah, the Miata engine is certainly more high strung and linear. I find the twins have quite a bit more torque so I don't have to rev it out all the time. The Miata feels faster but it's not even close

No idea on brakes as I haven't tracked either car. Then again I'm coming primarily from a MKIII Supra which is ~1000lbs heavier than the BRZ or Miata and has brakes that aren't much bigger than either...

When I did the initial test drive for the BRZ, I noticed it feels a lot like Miata with suspension mods, but rides nicer. YMMV
Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Poodles For This Useful Post:
Texas BRZ (10-25-2014)