Old 09-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #122
ultra
Curious cat.

Drives: 86 GT base M/T - Red
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
This is correct. You can still purchase the Vortech kit alone using the OFT dollar discount you earned with the OFT purchase. If you are running another header, you may need to custom tune the map slightly for optimal performance. The main reasons we recommend the OpenFlash Header is because it works, is well built, fairly priced and was a part of the OTS map development. Our goal was to creat a forced induction kit offering that doesn't require any custom tuning or additional fiddling. And using the parts that we recommend allows for just this.

Substitute components can complicate matters a bit. But in the case of using another header, I think the issues are minimal.
Makes sense.

Wondering how screwed I am if I want to buy the OFT and Vortec SC but already have my own header and exhaust (JDL UEL header, JDL overpipe with no cat + HKS mid pipe with one cat + HKS Hi Power exhaust).

Totally custom tune needed? How easy to work something out with an OFT tune?

Trying to look for an easy, reliable 'system' as close as possible to being 'plug & play' and foolproof but the lack of one cat is really doing me in when it comes to most 'package' kits.
2007 Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS (sold)
2006 VW Golf R32 (sold)
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote