Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey2style View Post
Thanks guys.

I really do want this car just because of the unique color.
I've had a yellow lancer ralliart before that I loved to death, but it was an A/T.

Anyway, let's say I do get the car...what's everyone's preference on breaking her in? I read a lot about it, and on the intarwebs they say break her in hard. But in the manual it says don't go past 4k rpm for the first 1000 miles...I'm probably gonna do what the manual says.

Also when should I do the first oil change? Again, online it says 100 miles (or something lower, Idr).

Thanks again you guys for making the purchase a lot less stressful and making me more knowledgable about new cars haha.
Had a yellow Ralliart as well only MT and it was loads of fun! I followed the manufacture's break in. Know there are loads of theories out there but I will go with what the engineers that made the car say thanks! Where did you get 100 miles from for first change ? Again the engineers that made it say first at 5000 miles so that is when I will do it. Of course may be different if tracking or racing but mine is just a DD.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote