View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #62
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
sci3 - My apologies for taking your very simple request for info and turning it into a major debate!
Of course anybody is welcome to use/abuse their cars as they wish.
Mine is far from "babied" and I intend to drive it like it was meant too be for many year but that does not mean I want to abuse it though.
Was just hoping to help some people save some cash but if you want to replace the clutch more often that is your call.
Apparently from the responses it will be cheaper for me to pack my car up and send it to " a third world country" or the UK for a new clutch as they seem to grow on trees there and are incredibly cheap and easy to replace.
The majority of the "it's OK to slip the clutch" posts tend too immediately go on to say that you should not hold on hills (which was my point in the first place).
The owners manual specifically says NOT to do several of the things some guys say are the "best way" but of course it was just written to protect the company not really accurate (yes, more sarcasm).
So wade through all this and decide how you want to drive and how often you are willing to spend the money too replace the wear parts on your car!

Well I am off to clean my car with a sandblaster since it is going to get stone chips anyway so might as well speed up the process!
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote