View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My thoughts from another thread on the two cars:
Owned a BRZ and now a 15 WRX. Just some of my thoughts:
Pros for the BRZ:
- Even though both cars have the same ground clearance, the BRZ has a much lower feeling center of gravity. You sit low in the car and you really feel more connected to the road. The seats in the new WRX are higher. You get great visibility, but you lose the sports car feeling. BRZ cockpit is more drivers focused. Seats are better in the BRZ. WRX has more amenities and some nicer feeling materials.
- Light and RWD. Don't get me wrong, I love AWD in the winter, but BRZ is a more fun car to drive if you enjoy sliding the rear end out from time to time. For me light and RWD is the perfect recipe for a sports car.
- Handling is better. Steering feel is better. I just felt more connected to the road and the car feels slightly more intuitive to drive than the WRX.

Pros for the WRX
- Power. The new WRX has a twin scroll turbo and a direct injection engine. Lots more torque down low than the BRZ and more linear response.
- AWD in the winter. If you put snow tires on these cars they are very confidence inspiring in inclimate weather. It also helps with launching the car.
- A backseat you can put real humans in.
- WRX has amazing resale value.

Make no mistake. The new WRX is a much better handling car than the previous gen WRX. Much stiffer chassis. Sharper steering. No bodyroll. I like the newer engine better and MPG's are very close to my BRZ.

It just comes down to if you are willing to give up the true sports car for the sporty sedan that has more power and is more practical if you haul people.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thill For This Useful Post:
Braces (08-06-2014), DAEMANO (08-06-2014), DarkSunrise (08-06-2014), m.wood0213 (08-06-2014), Rampage (08-08-2014), RussianNinja (08-06-2014), Xti (08-07-2014)