wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnson104 View Post
no the guys there were idiots. I asked 3 guys and they all said idk, go ask that guy. So I find that guy, and he said its just like replacing the struts so ballpark was 800-900 so I said thats all I need to know and left. lol I dont know who would ever pay that much
That's such a pile of BS (on their part), they would DEFINITELY have a book rate for replacing a spring. Most dealerships will try to say 1 hour per corner, but that's REALLY conservative.

It took me about an hour for the rear end of my car, and that includes having to do it twice because I forget the dust boots until the shocks were already back in the car. Fronts took longer because the sway bar end links were seized and I didn't have any gas for my torch. Total time was like 5 hours including the time to take the fronts back apart to replace the endlinks (I installed the new springs onto the front struts with the struts still attached to the swaybar, HUGE pain). If they need 9-10 hours to just swap springs with a hoist, they shouldn't be allowed to put air into your tires