View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #49
ruskymx

Drives: 13 HotLava FRS, 93 4Runner, 97 Taco
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just like pretty much everyone else has stated, a test drive is required for a PDI. My dealership's technicians will leave our lot at one end and maybe drive a mile around the industrial park. Also, I know not all states require it, but I do know that Pennsylvania does for their state inspections. The one test drive will satisfy both requirements.

Also, depending on the technician, they may not even care what the car is and just do their job and get it done so they can work on another one. Flat rate techs can make some money on PDI's once they get them down. The first FR-S PDI may be a little different for them especially since Subaru may do things quite differently than what the tech is expecting. The process usually takes around an hour depending on the car and most of that is in the work bay.

I agree with the other poster about the detail knuckleheads. Most of them are just high school kids that don't give a rat's a** and are there to collect their minimum wage check and drive a bunch of cars doing so. To be safe, I would request them to not wash it, leave all the stickers in it and give you a voucher for the gas. When you get surveys in the mail for Toyota, they ask if you received a full tank or a voucher for a full tank. They may not allow it though because I know the gas station we use, gives us a discount if we use our fleet cards.

Being your first new car, I can understand your concerns. Also, being an engineer, you want to know all the pertinent info regarding your purchase and the entire process. Engineers are the most thorough customers that I have ever dealt with and it's not a bad thing either. They always have everything organized and the transaction is usually very smooth you just have to answer a lot of questions.

Enjoy your new wheels when they arrive! :happy0180:

Ruskymx
ruskymx is offline   Reply With Quote